Friday, March 27, 2009

84) I Love You, Man (2009)


84) I Love You, Man (2009) Dir: John Hamburg Date Released: March 2009 Date Seen: March 27th, 2009 Rating: 3.5/5

I Love You, Man (2009) is far too inoffensive in its bumbling points about male bonding for it to warrant serious thought regarding any deeper implications it may have about male insecurities and the gays. It's far easier to just roll with the film’s absurd punches, like seeing Jason Segal deliver Dr. Phil-like dating advice, Lou Ferrigno do anything or Jon Favreau as a poker-playing, beer-swilling macho. The film’s one-note nature and its inexpertly blunt exposition-as-dialogue moments are grating a couple of times, but there’s way too many other scenes that made me laugh long and loud for me to really mind. Thumbs up to both Paul Rudd and Segal, who I think is my favorite Apatow comedian.

No comments:

Post a Comment