Saturday, June 18, 2011

396) White Material (2009)

396) White Material (2009) Dir: Claire Denis Date Released: November 2010 Date Seen: December 4, 2010 Rating: 3.5/5

Can't believe I never got around to writing about this one; coulda sworn I had. In any case, I loved the first 20 minutes or so, especially that masterfully cryptic first scene. but I remember losing my interest around the midway point and latching onto Christopher (I refuse to call Lord Raiden Christophe) Lambert and his craggy, craggy face. Lambert's performance confirmed my suspicion that pretty boy actors get a lot more interesting to look at as they age--poorly (Mickey Rourke, I can't stop looking at you). They also hopefully have learned how to act by that point, so they've got that going for them, too. But yeah, this was fine. No great shakes but kind of interesting. Still a Denis noob so my favorite of the four of hers I've seen is still Trouble Every Day. I think I'll try The Intruder next...

No comments:

Post a Comment