Monday, March 5, 2012

71) Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012)

71) Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012) Dir: Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor Date Released: February 17, 2012 Date Seen: February 21, 2012 Rating: 3/5

I wanted to rate this higher than I did. But generally speaking, it's not much more than a passably quirky film; low stakes will do that, I guess. Neveldine/Taylor bring a suitably wonky polish to an otherwise straightforward but unremarkable David Goyer-scripted pic. I mean, realistically, it had just enough skate-punk style and enough bratty charm to look like a flaming skull graffito on the side of a black pedo-van. 

But while Cage does get a lil Cagey, we don't get to seem him get too Cagey. And likewise, we don't get to see Neveldine/Taylor be themselves too much, either. I chuckled, didn't really get any belly laughs. But yeah, the giant flaming chainsaw and the fiery piss were both fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment