Monday, March 5, 2012

78) Howard the Duck (1986)

78) Howard the Duck (1986) Dir: Willard Huyck Date Released: August 1, 1986 Date Seen: February 25, 2012 Rating: 1.5/5

See, based on the 1.5/5 I'm giving this film, you can probably tell that I wasn't either scandalized or particularly impressed by this supposedly epic failure of a film. It's pretty much exactly what I'd expect from a film made by people that clearly were trying hard to capture a sensibility that couldn't quite grasp. It's a totally honest mistake made on a very big budget! Pretty disappointing, yeah, but nothing I'd write home about. I love Steve Gerber's duck but this just didn't move me either way. It's pretty bad, sure, but so what? I can see the filmmakers' flop sweat as they try in vain to get Gerber's, ahuhuh, particular kind of absurd humor off the page and onto the screen. I can see it! In the fucking movie! Ok?! So I don't really think much of this other than: "Oh. Oh, that's not very good, is it? Yes, I'll do another shot with you and I hope you burn in hell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment