Sunday, July 29, 2012

In Which Tomas Milian Eats Spaghetti

240) Run, Man, Run (1968) Dir: Sergio Sollima Date Released: ??? Date Seen: July 28, 2012 Rating: 3.5/5

241) Companeros (1970) Dir: Sergio Corbucci Date Released: April XX, 1972 Date Seen: July 28, 2012 Rating: 3.75/5

Though Companeros may be my favorite of the three Corbucci-directed westerns I've seen, it's probably not the best (The Big Silence is pretty good). I did however like Run, Man, Run, even if its pacing was even stodgier than The Big Gundown, a film which it is technically a sequel to. Run is more of the same from Sollima and Milian but it has a lot of good Looney Tunes-style violence and it's fun to hang out with Cuchillo. So I can't complain really. See my forthcoming Inessential Essentials profile on Companeros for Movieline. Watch this space for the link.


Editor's Note: here's my piece on Companeros.

No comments:

Post a Comment