Saturday, January 14, 2012

467) Pathology (2008)

467) Pathology (2008) Dir: Marc Scholermann Date Released: April 18, 2008 Date Seen: November 8, 2011 Rating: 3/5

I wanted to like this dim bulb thriller a lot more than I did. The acting was pretty abysmal (Milo Ventimiglia is especially bad, making his turn in The Divide look like a Brando-level leap in quality). And while I liked what the filmmakers were striving for, Pathology just isn't crazy enough for my liking. 

Needs more crazy, basically. 

I mean, look, if it can't be imaginative or genuinely thoughtful, crazy will do. This is after all, unofficially, a Neveldine/Taylor joint (though it's not their original script, they are the official screenwriters). So bountiful energy matters, in this case. And Pathology is unfortunately too low-key to be worth much. Still, I appreciate the effort. And liked the scene where the bad guy blows up. And some of the sub-Se7en death scenes. But eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment