Saturday, November 12, 2011

297) Planet of the Apes (2001)

297) Planet of the Apes (2001) Dir: Tim Burton Date Released: July 27, 2001 Date Seen: July 23, 2011 Rating: 2.75/5

Wow, practically 10 years ago to the day. Freaky, huh?

Ahem.

Being the glass half full kind of guy that I am,* I like to think that this film isn't nearly as bad as it's reputation. There are some genuinely neat ideas here even if I hated Tim Roth's character and didn't think the action scenes were very good and didn't enjoy anything after Roth's character wages war on Marky Mark's in that stupid, stupid set piece. 

But hey, it was actually ok. I've been avoiding this film for years for no reason. The sky is not falling. The birds are still chirping. The Paul Giamatti character and the film's ending are both still rathah stinky. And the film is actually ok in parts. 

I'm as surprised as you are, frankly.

*Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment