Wednesday, March 7, 2012

84) Fireworks Wednesday (2006)

84) Fireworks Wednesday (2006) Dir: Asghar Farhadi Date Released (DVD): April 22, 2008 Date Seen: March 3, 2012 Rating: 3.75/5

I see some parallels between this film and A Separation, specifically in terms of how the plots of both films revolve around on the extent of two couples influence on each others' lives as couples. But I found A Separation to be a much more fulfilling melodrama. Would it be too obnoxious to say that it's, uh, a more mature work? Oh, well, I just did. 


Still, for what it is, Fireworks Wednesday is jarring and moving when it counts most and is mostly pretty involving. I was especially shocked by the big slap. It felt genuinely violent. As in, when I watched that scene, I felt like the blow had an emotional impact to it. I instinctively recoiled, is what I'm trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment