Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Won't Lie: Charlie Murphy Made Me Do It

322) Vampire in Brooklyn (1995) Dir: Wes Craven Date Released: October 27, 1995 Date Seen: October 20, 2012 Rating: 2/5

Ok, let me explain: I was looking for a comedy,* something to chase Lord of Illusions with. We settled on this one for a couple of lame reasons: it's also from 1995, and it's co-scripted by Charlie Murphy. As in, of Chappelle's Show fame. That Charlie Murphy. Too bad Vampire in Brooklyn doesn't have any discernible personality, apart from a funny scene or two with John Witherspoon. I don't know how, and I don't care to go into much length about this, but Wes Craven somehow found another way to disappoint me. What a guy. Even Eddie Murphy isn't very good here. What an auteurist snafu this turned out to be!

*My roommate Bill is, get this, usually in the mood for comedies. I know, go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment