Thursday, September 22, 2011

225) Shock Treatment (1981)

225) Shock Treatment (1981) Dir: Jim Sharman Date Released: October 31, 1981, har, har, har Date Seen: May 31, 2011 Rating: 3.5/5

Sharman and co-writer Richard O'Brien's sequel to Rocky Horror is VERY doughy in the middle and doesn't do anything memorable with its misappropriated Freudian imagery. If it had, this would be one I'd feel comfortable pointing to as an ambitious attempt to predict what our current reality TV show culture would look like. As it is, I feel like while I like the fact that there's more bile in Sharman and O'Brien's blood here, the end result just isn't that exciting. But boy oh boy, that score. I love this film's score. Like, come on, how can I not love "Bitchin' in the Kitchen" and "Duel Duet?" To know them is to love them, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment